Thinking about moving to Maplewood, New Jersey, with a pet? Or, thinking about getting one now that you're in town? Here are some local resources to help you on your way.
NJ PET LICENSE
- Any owner of a dog seven months of age or older is required to annually apply for a dog license to the licensing clerk of the municipality in which he or she resides, according to the Office Website for the State of New Jersey. Maplewood requires licenses for all cats and dogs, which must be renewed each January. Proof of the current rabies vaccination is required for licensing.
- To apply for a pet license (for a dog or a cat) in Maplewood you must contact Town Hall at (973) 762-8120. The fees are as follows: $15 for spayed/neutered pets (you must submit proof of spay/neutering) and $18 for non-spayed/non-neutered pets.After January 18th there is a $7 late charge per license.
- St. Hubert's Animal Welfare Center: Animal control services for Maplewood are provided by St. Hubert's; (973) 377-2296; there are four locations, click here to view each one.
- Maplewood Animal Hospital: (973) 762-5000; 2006 Springfield Avenue, Maplewood, NJ 07040
- Valley Veterinary Hospital: (973) 763-3445; 2172 Millburn Ave, Maplewood, NJ 07040
- South Mountain Dog Park: 10 Bear Lane, Maplewood, NJ 07040
- Sign up for our tour to view Maplewood and other towns in person (in the most efficient and cost-effective way possible)!