Thinking about moving to Montclair, New Jersey, with a pet? Or, thinking about getting one now that you're in town? Here are some local resources to help you on your way.
NJ PET LICENSE
- Any owner of a dog seven months of age or older is required to annually apply for a dog license to the licensing clerk of the municipality in which he or she resides, according to the Official Website for the State of New Jersey.
- To apply for a dog license in Montclair, complete this form. To apply for a cat license complete this form. and send a check or money order to the "Montclair Township Health Department" at the Department of Health and Human Services, 205 Claremont Avenue, Montclair, NJ 07042. The fees for dogs are as follows: $12 for spayed/neutered dog (you must submit proof of spay/neutering) and $15 for non-spayed/non-neutered dog. The cat fees are $8 for neutered cats and $11 for non-neutered. You'll find much more info regarding licensing and fees for both dogs and cats by clicking here.
- Montclair Township Animal Shelter: This municipally run animal shelter is governed by the Township of Montclair. It provides animal care and control for the townships of Montclair, Verona and Nutley. It also offers adoption services for the pets it intakes; (973) 744-8600; 77 North Willow Street, Montclair, NJ 07042.
- Pound Animal Welfare Society of Montclair (PAWS): Founded in 1977, this animal rescue and shelter facilitates pet adoption for stray and abandoned cats and dogs in the community; (973) 746-5212; contact via email through this form.
- Cameron Animal Hospital: (973) 744-2052; 417 Bloomfield Avenue, Montclair, NJ 07042
- Montclair Animal Hospital: (973) 744-1942; 124 Watchung Avenue, Montclair, NJ 07043
- Brenda King DVM: (973) 783-7279; 2 Forest Street, Montclair, NJ 07042
- Katz and Dogs Animal Hospital: (973) 509-7297; 545 Valley Road, Montclair, NJ 07043
- Vet on Wheels, Faith Krausman, DVM: (973) 744-1442; serving Montclair, NJ
- Brookdale Dog Park: W Circuit Drive, Montclair, NJ 07043