- New Jersey Transit: Maplewood is approximately 40-minutes to New York City's Penn Station via two New Jersey Transit lines: the Morristown line and the Gladstone Branch line. The Morristown line is often referred to as the "Midtown Direct" since it provides direct service to Penn Station without any transfers in about 38-minutes. The Gladstone line usually takes about 45-minutes and requires a train transfer in Hoboken. A one-way ticket will cost approximately $7; a monthly pass is around $184. NJ Transit also offers various discounted fares, including Family Supersaver Fares and BusinessPass (which allows you to save on monthly passes by deducting a portion of the cost from your pre-tax salary).
- The address for the Maplewood train station is 180 Boyden Avenue, Maplewood, NJ 07040.
- There is a ferry that costs $6 or $7 (depending on your destination) and leaves from 1 Hudson Place, Hoboken, NJ 07030. For $7, you'll reach Pier 11 and Wall Street -- a 15-minute commute. Click here to view the weekday schedule. For $6 you'll depart from the same place (1 Hudson Place in Hoboken) and reach the World Financial Center in about 8-minutes. Click here to view the weekday schedule. Weekday and weekend schedules differ. To view the full schedule, click here. And click here to view a NJ Transit System Rail map.
- Jitney service is available to the Maplewood NJ Transit station during peak travel times. Click here for more information and to view the schedule.
- NJ Transit offers bus service to nearby South Orange but not to Maplewood (Bus 107). Click here to view the bus schedule and stop locations. You will need to budget about 50-minutes and $7. Additionally, click here to view a NJ Transit system bus map for Essex County.
- Maplewood is about 20 miles from New York City or an average 37 to 50-minute drive depending on traffic. Driving from Maplewood to NYC via Garden State Parkway will cost a $1.50 cash or transponder fee. The Lincoln Tunnel will cost a $15 cash or $10.50 transponder fee; the Holland Tunnel will cost $15 cash or $10.50 transponder fee. When driving from NYC to Maplewood you can expect to pay a $2.15 toll.