Thinking about moving to Bloomfield, New Jersey, with a pet? Or, thinking about getting one now that you're in town? Here are some local resources to help you on your way.
NJ PET LICENSE
- Any owner of a dog seven months of age or older is required to annually apply for a dog license to the licensing clerk of the municipality in which he or she resides, according to the Official Website for the State of New Jersey.
- To apply for a pet license (for a dog or a cat) in Bloomfield, complete this form, and send a check or money order to the "Township of Bloomfield" at Bloomfield Municipal Clerk's Office, Room 2141, Municipal Plaza, Bloomfield, NJ 07003. The fees are as follows: $22 for spayed/neutered pets (you must submit proof of spay/neutering) and $25 for non-spayed/non-neutered pets.
- John A. Bukowski Shelter for Animals: A no-kill animal shelter managed by the town of Bloomfield. (973) 748-0194; 61 Bukowski Place, Bloomfield, NJ 07003
- Essex Animal Hospital:(973) 748-8042; 709 Bloomfield Avenue, Bloomfield, NJ 07003
- Bloomfield Animal Clinic: (973) 748-0070; 245 Bloomfield Avenue, Bloomfield, NJ 07003
- Brookside Veterinary Clinic: (973) 748-6897; 522 Broad Street, Bloomfield, NJ 07003
- Brookdale Dog Park: 1294 Broad Street, Bloomfield, NJ 07003
- Watsessing Dog Park: Locust Avenue and Prospect Street in
Bloomfield, NJ 7003